(From Pray4SouthAsia.com) For 4 months now, Manipur state in Northeast India has been burning. An ethnic and political conflict between 2 communities has caused devastation in many parts of the state. Over 190 people have been killed and thousands of homes burned. Over 60,000 are now surviving in poorly managed relief camps, and thousands more have fled to other parts of India. The situation is complex. Some have described it as “close to a civil war”. Caught in this conflict are the majority Meiti community (mostly Hindu) and the minority Kuki-Zo community (mostly Christian).
- Pray for cessation of violence between the 2 communities.
- Pray for those who have lost their loved ones and their homes.
- Pray for those stuck in camps and those who have sought shelter in other states.
- Pray for wisdom for resolving difficult and complex issues.
- Pray for healing of trauma and of relationships to be found at the Cross (Ephesians 2:14-16)
NEXT TIME: How YOU can help persecuted Christians in India!